Friday, March 15, 2013

Introduction

first ride

Welcome to ROAM, a resource for outdoor travel and transportation. My name is Brennan, and I'm the site creator and main contributor. That's me in the picture above. It was taken on the day I first learned to ride a bike. So began a life long pursuit of bicycling, a topic I will cover extensively in this blog. This is more than a bicycle blog, however. The scope shall extend to many forms of outdoor recreation, such as camping, backpacking, canoeing, and cross country skiing. In other words, activities that get you off the beaten path and into a more natural environment, preferably utilizing human-powered transport. But life is not all about play, so this blog will also cover outdoor pursuits closer to home, with a focus on integrating them into your normal routine. The recreational conveyances we use are not merely toys. They are real modes of transportation that can get us from point A to B in cities and towns around the world. I believe such an approach to transportation can enrich our lives, build a stronger sense of community, and make our cities more liveable. So, without further ado, let's roam!

No comments:

Post a Comment